Saturday, February 4, 2017

THE IMPORTANCE OF LISTENING TO THE HOLY SPIRIT

THE IMPORTANCE OF LISTENING TO THE HOLY SPIRIT

By Zipporah Mushala

John 14:26 “But the comforter, who is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He shall teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance , All things I have said to you.
God has not left us alone here on earth, He has sent us the Holy Spirit to show us the way to salvation. Yet because of His gentle nature, many people take Him for granted and ignore His voice when He is correcting us or convicting us of our sins. Many people think that ignoring the Holy Spirit has no consequences or that they can always repent when THEY feel that they are now ready, and not at the conviction of the Holy Spirit.
This is what the Lord showed me.
In the Lord’s revelation, I was sitting on a grass loan at an area that looked like a place called the Goma lakes here in my country. I was with my sister Rachael. There were many other people on the loan and everyone was doing their own things and some looked like they were even having picnics. It was a normal day. As my sister and I were on the loan, we started arguing about something and as we were arguing, we noticed that there was a hippo in the water. There was also a man in the water whom we supposed was swimming until we heard the sound of the hippo breaking bones.
Immediately we realized that, other hippos sprang up from the water and started chasing the people on the loan at full speed to devour them. My sister and I instantly found ourselves on our feet running for our lives. These hippos looked like cows and had horns but I knew that they were hippos. They were coming endlessly from the water with water dripping from their bodies. Fearful looking and muscular.
We as humans usually say that when we are in danger, we can run at top speed to escape but that was not the case. As I ran, my knees felt like they were melting out of fear and I felt like standing still. They were so terrifying that my sister and I quickly forget about the quarrel we had just had and ran together. I was failing to run and so I called out for her, “Inonge! Inonge! help me!” I reached out my hand and she held it and helped me run. We were running together.
There seemed to be no way of escaping the cows because they were so close and many more were still coming up from the water. I was just waiting to be torn into pieces, even as I ran. At that moment, pictures of hell started flashing in my mind. Of people falling into hell. As we were running, I kept thinking, “So am going to hell! So am going to hell! Am going to hell just like that! In such a simple way! We could have easily stopped our quarrel, but now its too late!”
I knew in the spirit that both of us were going to hell for the quarrel we had just had. In the physical, we had forgotten about our quarrel and bonded up but to God, we had not made things right with Him. As we were quarrelling, the Holy Spirit- that still small voice had been telling us to stop our quarrel but we had ignored Him and gone on with our quarrel. At that moment of trouble, even if we were to ask God for forgiveness, it would not be genuine repentance but repentance out of fear. Had it been true repentance, we would have repented at the moment when there was no trouble. Galatians 6: 7 “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked: for what a man sows, that he shall reap.”
You can’t have things your way and then say the words “I repent!” at the moment of death and expect to be forgiven. If you were truly sorry, you would have turned away from your sin even when there was no danger in sight. God cannot be fooled.
When people saw that there was no way of escaping, they started trying to group up, thinking that if they are a large group, they would not be devoured but they were all knocked down like small plastic toys. These hippos that looked like cows were demons. They looked determined and so focused against the human race and like no single thing could make their eyes turn away for one single second from this mission. The hatred and determination could not be described in human terms.
As the people were trying to escape, I saw that some among them were not running away from these cows. Instead they seemed so comfortable in all the confusion and were even taking selfies (pictures) and giggling. I was shocked to see people who could not run in such a situation and then the Lord opened my eyes to see that they were demons that looked like humans. They were one team with the other demons that looked like cows and they had no need to run. Just like not believing in hell does not stop it from existing, not believing that demons live among us in human cover does not stop that from being true. They are working against the human race and we need to watch in prayer.
When I thought all hope was gone, I found myself waking up, screaming in real life “aaaahhh!!!”
It had been a revelation and a teaching on the importance of listening to the Holy Spirit. The Lord has given us the Holy Spirit to show us the way to heaven and to teach us but if we refuse to obey, we can never enter heaven. Even in the physical world, if you do not listen to your teacher, you will not pass the test. The rule is the same in the spiritual.
Hebrews 10: 28-29 “Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the SPIRIT OF GRACE. ”
Ignoring the voice of the Holy Spirit will land you and I in hell if at our moment of death, we are found ignoring Him and doing what we want, and there is no knowing, which minute death will come.
SHALOM

No comments:

Post a Comment